Saturday, April 07, 2007

I am a Rock Star!!!

Why, you ask? Because at 7:20am this morning, I made the decision to bag the first training run on account of the ridiculous temperatures. I even went as far as to start writing a blog about what a wimp I was. And then, out of nowhere, I just shut down the computer, ran and put clothes on and went!!! Yes, I went! It was 21 degrees with a wind chill of 8! I'm sure it was worse on the lake because that wind was blowing like you would not believe!

I will say that those may have been the most brutal 3 miles of my life! Especially the last one. It seemed like the wind was blowing head on pretty steady. I couldn't feel my legs or my hands. I'm still chilled to the bone as I sit here and write this. I finished with a 10 1/2 minute mile pace. I can live with that seeing as the conditions were so horrible...that, and the fact that I haven't run in 2 weeks :) I'd like to make my marathon pace a 10 minute mile, but we'll see.

The group seems cool. Mostly young people. Mostly fast people :) I think only about 20 showed up today, which I'm hoping is due to the weather. We are going to need way more than 20 to have a serious supportive group! By the end of the training, there will probably be only 1/3 of us left. But dammit, I will be one! Mark my words!!! Okay, now I'm off to ice my knees because these temperatures made them ache like never before!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eye of the tiger sis!!!!!