Tuesday, February 27, 2007

FTLOG!!!

Day 1

Workout:
Walk briskly for 1 mile
Run 2 minutes every half mile until you reach 3.5 miles
Walk .5 miles
3 minute cool down

Walking Pace: 4.0 mph, 1% incline
Running Pace: 6.0 mph, 1% incline

Distance: 4.35 miles
Time: 60 minutes

The Good:
I did it! Although, I may have misinterpreted the 2nd part of the workout. Am I supposed to do those intervals every half mile for 3.5 miles, or until the machine reaches 3.5 miles after having walked 1? I did it after I'd walked one...I might have been a slacker! It still took an hour though! I am proud that I did it just because it was easy to sign up, it was fun to go over the training schedule, it was exciting to think about actually completing a marathon. But as I drove to the gym and the reality of the situation hit me, I seriously wanted to turn around and go home! I'd actually have to RUN to do this! But I did. Good! :)

The Bad:
Yes, I did it. But it was far from easy! My legs felt like lead! I only had to do 2 minute intervals and they were hard! Like I was running through mud or something! That was a bit disheartening! I wanted to jump back in the saddle like I'd never stopped running. But I'm smart enough to know it doesn't work like that. Oh well, it can only get easier, right?!

The Noteworthy:
I'm addicted to pesto right now. I think I've had it for lunch 4 out of the past 6 work days. I ordered it from my favorite little Italian spot in my old neighborhood this weekend. I ate pesto pizza for dinner. I have a problem. But it is sooooo good! Maybe if I could convince them to make it with whole wheat pasta, I'd feel a little less guilty... I also ordered the sauteed broccoli from my Italian spot and I had forgotten how yummy it was! I probably damn near ate an entire head of broccoli yesterday! That ought to keep the system moving :)

No comments: