Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Walking is Boring

Day 2

Workout:
Walk 3 - 5 miles
5 minute cool down

Walking Pace: 4.0 mph - 4.3 mph, 2% incline

Distance: 3.4 miles

Time: 50 minutes

Well, walking on a treadmill might be the most boring thing in the world! Seeing that my workout today was to walk 3 to 5 miles, I obviously set my sights on knocking out at least 4miles...yeah right! I barely could stay sane just getting to 3! I kept trying to get distracted by what was on the TV, but still found myself watching the clock! There was nothing I could do to stay entertained. I tried to increase my pace in the hopes of getting farther faster, but I have short legs. I just can't go faster than 4.3 mph without feeling like I'm about to fly off the back of the treadmill! I was disappointed that I didn't go very far, but I was definitely glad to get off that thing after 50 minutes of walking! And to think, there are 3 or 4 more workouts like this! Augh! I hope it warms up so that I can at least do those outside.

On another note, I seem to have managed to pull a hamstring already. Seriously, I have problems! I broke my left ankle in high school, and subsequently, that leg is alway having some kind of issue. If it isn't my knee...it's my hamstring :) I hope it gets a bit better before I have to run again tomorrow. At least today I can rest and not have to look forward to an hour or more of the treadmill. Please Chicago, get warm soon!!

No comments: