Friday, July 20, 2007

It's On...

Anyone living in Chicago knows that my 8 miles did not happen on Wednesday night. We had ridiculous thunderstorms and the rain just wouldn't quit. I ran about 4 house lengths from my car to my place and was drenched! The "had to strip down and towel myself off" kind of soaking! So I went out last night instead to try to get the miles in. And I did! The weather was perfect...except a serious headwind the whole way back :( That was rough. The best part was that it wasn't hard! I think I could have kept going! Maybe it's the mornings that are messing me up. That is the only thing I can think of. You don't have much fuel in your system, your body isn't really awake yet. That is no excuse since the marathon is in the morning and I'll have to figure out a way to make mornings better. My original schedule said to do 11 miles Saturday, but this new one is 10...not sure which I'll go for...maybe whatever I can manage! So far, things are looking up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight. Rising UP to the challenge of our rival. And the LAST known survivor stalks his prey in the nite. And he's watching the story..the EYE.....OF THE TIGER