Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Reality!

I just got my confirmation email for packet pick-up for the Chicago Distance Classic...that means the half marathon is almost here!!!! That email was such a wake up call for me! My first half marathon in over 5 years! My first medal! My first real reality check as to how this marathon is going to shape up! And the crazy thing is that I'm sooooo excited! They are going to have pace groups and I think that it will really benefit me. I just have to figure out what group to run with. My pace in my last 2 races has been much quicker than usual: 10:14 & 10:40 (if I remember correctly). BUT, those were both shorter races. An 11 minute mile pace would put me at a 2 hour 26 minute finish. The paces groups are 2:15 and 2:30. Do I start in the 2:15 and see how it feels? Do I go with the 2:30 and leave them in the dust if I can do better? Decisions, decisions! At least I'm excited rather than terrified! I know I can do this...despite my crappy commitment to my training :)...and I just can't wait to cross that finish line!!!

No comments: