Tuesday, July 17, 2007

This is the test

I'm truly struggling right now. After 2 bad weekend runs in a row, my motivation is crap. I didn't run at all last week and haven't so far this week either. I've been seriously beginning to feel like I don't want this bad enough. It's been RELAXING not to run for a week! To not have to wake up at the crack of dawn or feel guilty for NOT waking up. To not have to battle the heat when all you want to do is curl up on the couch in your central A/C. To not have to give up another Friday night of fun because you have a 6am run to get to. This isn't fun anymore. As Jon put it, I lost my Eye of the Tiger...he suggests I watch Rocky III :)

I don't want to be a quitter. How do I get the will back? The want back? This frustrating in such a major way because a part of me would be so relieved to throw in the towel...but the other part doesn't want to have invested so much time, energy and of course, money for nothing! Augh! I'm told every runner goes through this in their training and I can't let it stop me. I have to move forward and passed it because nothing will feel as great as crossing the finish line in October. Help...

No comments: