Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Completely Off-Topic :)

So, in order to save my sanity, I've been planning my annual bake-a-thon list of cookies for Christmas. I know, I know, a little early for Christmas stuff. But you learn from experience that it is never too early to plan when you are baking 50 or so dozen cookies! I need a little feedback on my line-up so far... My goal is to have a diverse group of goodies that will appeal to the masses. Honestly, of the first 7 cookies I picked out, 4 were based around chocolate. That is not diverse :) Don't get me wrong, I LOVE chocolate, but there had to be some changes. Here is where I'm at right now. Let me know what you think!
  • Lemon Sandwich Cookies - lemon butter cookies sandwiched with lemon filling
  • Rum Balls - Chocolate and liquor...what could be a better combo?! An assortment rolled in either nuts, cocoa or powdered sugar.
  • Oatmeal Cookies w/ Cranberries & White Chocolate Chips - This was a boring ol' oatmeal cookie until I decided it would be festive to add a little red and white!
  • Chocolate Mint Cookies - A chocolate cookies with a chocolate mint ganache.
  • Chewy Coconut Cookies - Well, I guess the title says it all. This was an attempt to find something a little different than the norm.
  • Peanut Butter Temptations - A peanut butter cookies with a mini Reese's cup shoved in the middle :) Mmmmmmmmmm...
  • Russian Tea Cakes - A nice little shortbread type cookie w/ nuts and rolled in powdered sugar.

So, that's it right now. I think it's pretty diverse at this point, but not sure they appeal to the masses. Give me your thoughts so I get in the test kitchen! Yum!

3 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

You've got me over here drooling honey!! They all sound sooooo super divine!

Let me know if you want me super awesome uber-yummy mint oreo ball recipe. It's been a hit at every event I've ever taken them to! Super yummy and beyond easy! In fact, I'll trade you...mint oreo ball goodness for your peanut butter temptation!

Oh, and it's never too early to plan for Christmas cookie baking day. Our tree is going up TONIGHT!

Anonymous said...

They all sound wonderful. Makes me miss my moms baking.

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!!