Monday, November 05, 2007

Decisions

So, I think I've finally committed to some decisions. I will run the Portland Marathon in 2008. It is one week before the Chicago marathon so I can still train with everyone here or with a sponsored group. I'm excited about it. Excited to run for the hometown crowd. My friend may even do it with me which would make it that much more fun. Now, if I can just convince some of my girls back home to do it too! Sonja, you are gonna need a good goal to lose that baby weight ;)

I've also decided that I can't soley focus on running right now. For one, it has still left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth and I can't stop dreading it! Second, I can't afford to buy gear fit to run in the harsh Chicago winter weather and clocking miles and miles on the treadmill is not tolerable! So, today I will start my weight training and do some cardio. Too bad I pulled that muscle in my neck and back again (it happens at least a couple times a year) and I'll probably have to stick to lower body work until it is better. And I probably ought to seek out a chiropractor to figure out why this keeps happening! BTW, my weight has finally stabilized. No, not gone down, but at least stopped going up! I've never seen it this stubborn in my life and it totally has me freaked! If this new regime doesn't jump start it, I don't know what I'm going to do!

Finally, I need to find a new job. It has been a long time coming, but it finally hit me that I just can't do it anymore. I don't like the direction our corporate office is taking us, there is no room to move up here, I'm underpaid and I think I'm actually hurting myself by not gaining more experience at the management level after all these years. It will be hard to leave these people, but I need to be farther along in my career than this. I should be in management or at least have full accounting close responsibilities. Don't get me wrong...I've been promised these responsibilities during my reviews for the past 2 years...but they never happen. I can't keep waiting. I'm bored and gaining nothing by staying here. Let the job search begin! Time to call the headhunters!

So, yeah, basically I'm bored and ready for change. I'm tired of the days all blurring together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice decision on the marathon. I'm also a treadmill runner during winter in Chicago.

Hope your neck is better.

Good luck with the job search.