Tuesday, November 06, 2007

To Trot or Not To Trot?

My friend came up with the glorious idea to do the Turkey Trot this year. I was all for it, but had to check with my mom first since she will be here in town on Turkey Day. She said it was okay if I ducked out for the morning and said that maybe if it wasn't too cold...we are from Oregon where anything below 50 is intolerable :) ...she would come out and walk it! I was excited! I kept on checking back with my friend to see when we were gonna register and he kept saying soon...soon...soon...until one day he said, I don't think I can do it. What?! I already checked with mom!!!! Dammit!

So, I wrote off the Turkey Trot. But now, I'm kind of thinking, why shouldn't I do it? I've done all my other races by myself...what is one more? Granted, I haven't been running and I have no cold weather gear, but so what? It couldn't hurt to burn a few calories before the Big Chow Down! Maybe I'll even just drag my mom out there and we can walk it together. I'm kind of getting pumped just writing this...I need to call mom again :)

No comments: