Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Decaf: Day 2

That means that yesterday was Decaf: Day 1. And it sucked. I just went to 7-Eleven and grabbed a cup of decaf, threw in some splenda and lots of yummy flavored cramers and was off. It tasted less than appealing, but it was something to satisfiy the hand-to-mouth habit I have in the morning. I thought things were fine. Until 2pm struck. Out of nowhere came the worst headached I've had in I don't know how long! Right in the front of my forehead and in my temples. I don't like medication and I tried to fight through it. I had to go see my chiropractor so I thought maybe a distraction would get rid of it. NO. Instead, walking around in the non-human temperatures there and back seemed to make it worse.

The day wore on and the headache persisted. Finally, at 6:15, when I was ready to leave work, I spotted a little bottle of Advil at the bottom of my bag. I gave in and took 2, thinking of how by the time I got home, my little (huge) headache should be gone. WRONG. It was still going strong when I got home. I made dinner, ate dinner then finally just laid down on the couch. I'd guess somewhere around 8pm it finally ceased. A 6 hour headache! Augh!

So, today is day 2. I gave in and got a decaf Starbucks...that 7-Eleven decaf stunk! I will assume that the torture yesterday will not again occur. At least it better not! Now, my next step is figuring out how to make my tastebuds like tea :)

3 comments:

LeahC said...

yep. the headaches are horrible. they seem to pass eventually as I'm a few weeks into stopping the caffeine IV that I usually have going.

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Tuff to give up an addiction as strong as CAFFEINE. U're a bette rperson than I. I love it too TOO much. Besides, it heps release fat cells inot the bloodstream for energy

LONG LIVE CAFFEINE!!!

Love you...keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Hope it gets better.