Friday, February 01, 2008

Oh, me booty sore!

Well, my new job has kept me at the office obscene hours this week so I haven't even made it to the gym except for my scheduled appointments with the trainer :( I don't have have time to eat lunch! I finally get away to grab something between 2pm and 3pm and then slowly eat it at my desk over the course of the next 2 hours or so. I kid you not, I usually finish my "lunch" close to 5pm! Its absolutely crazy!

But, that was not what this post was supposed to be about :) Met with the trainer yesterday morning for another circuit training session. I don't know if its been my crazy schedule this week or what, but this time it all felt a ton harder than last time! We started on the squat machine...I can't remember what its called...the one where you put the weights on the bar and squat with it...Smith machine? Can't remember! Anywho, easy enough. Did free weight for upper back and shoulder presses again. Still not too bad. Then I had to do walking side squats down the length of the gym and back holding a weight. Uh...one time down felt okay, but on the way back, I started to get REALLY tired! I mean, didn't I already do squats today?! I finish and we go straight into abs. I'm not sure its possible, but I could swear my abs were still sore from last week!

Just one circuit had me sweating and out of breath! I was so embarrassed! I really think it was the walking squats that were killing me. After the 3rd circuit, I wanted to die! I went into the locker room and I swear I couldn't stop breathing hard! And my legs muscles were so tired, I didn't even want to expend the effort it took to stand up! How pathetic!

This really is freaking me out about running. If lifting is there hard, imagine trying to do some serious cardio! Oh my goodness! I have to work Saturday so going to be sure to stop into the gym after that and give cardio a go. Maybe do a little lifting on my own too. At least she is stregthening my legs! That is bound to help when it comes time to get serious about training. But for now, my booty is sore like never before and my hammies and inner thighs aren't feeling so great either! Oh yeah, and abs...hurts to laugh :) But its still that good pain...pain that reminds you that you got the job done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll be kicking butt in no time - keep up the great work.