Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And another one...

Another great 30 minute run last night. And...wait for it...wait for it...I bumped the speed up to 5.1 mph! I know...I'm insane!!! :P Hee hee...for real though, I figure if I just bump it up by a tenth of a mile each time and can handle it, I'll be back at 6.0 mph in no time!

Tonight I think I'll go for the lifting circuit again and then the run. I have to try to get my mind wrapped around this being a daily thing. Like this is what I do EVERY day...and the exception is having a day off. Right now, I always phrase it as, "I have to run today". When really, that should be a given and on an off day I should think, "I get to rest today". I hope that makes sense.

I feel incredibly lucky to have two friends training with me this year. Last year I found it very difficult to do it all on my own. One is training for the Chicago Marathon, but since that and the Portland Marathon are only a week apart, we'll be at virtually the same training place and hopefully we can do some runs together. If anything, he tells me when he's done a run and I feel like I have to go do one just to keep up with him. Nothing like a little competition to get me moving! The other doesn't live here, but is training to run the Portland with me. So, we probably won't have much running together, but I'll be lucky to have him waiting for me at the finish line...right now he's running under an 8 min/mile pace and there is no way I'd ever keep up!

I think this is the year I actually cross the finish line!

No comments: