Saturday, March 22, 2008

Oh Yeah, Baby!

Do you ever have one of those workouts that just goes ten times beyond the expectations you set out for yourself? Yeah? Well, that was me today!

I had to work the 9-3pm shift at work. In one way its great because there are limited classes, students and staff in the building on Saturday so you get a lot done. On the other hand, once your projects are done, there isn't a whole lot more to do. So, about 1:30 I got to that point. I didn't really have anything to do. This made me start getting lazy. Thoughts of how it would be so nice to just head home at 3pm instead of going upstairs to the gym started to creep into my head. I even went and snagged a Dark Chocolate Mounds from the vending machine...yeah, I've had my eye on that puppy all week! After swearing to only eat one of the little bars, I even finished it off!

Just as 3pm was almost here, I saw a picture of this athletic toned woman that totally inspired me. Here I was, 7 floors away from the gym, with nothing else planned for the day, and I was gonna skip it? That was ridiculous! So, up I went.

Upon arrival, the gym was empty, lights off and all. I got the place up and jumping and then looked at the treadmill. Not fun. With all the machines empty and readily available for my lifting pleasure, I decided to go that route first. It ended up being an awesome 3 round circuit session that covered legs, biceps, abs, triceps, back and shoulders. Lovely! When that was over, I was feeling a little more sure of myself.

To the treadmill I went. My outdoor runs so far have been intervals of walking and running and they haven't felt all that pleasant. That being said, I decided to start at 5mph and see how it went. That is a bit slower than I usually run at, but then again, I'm not at my usual running ability. I planned to run 3 minutes, walk 2...since that was working on the outdoor runs. At 3 minutes, I felt like I hadn't done anything. So, I decided to go for 5. At 5, I still felt great so I went crazy and decided to just go until I felt I HAD to stop. Halfway through, I knew I would be running the entire 30 minutes. I felt strong. It felt fairly easy. I was out of breath, but not in a bad way. Just enough to remind me that my body was working. For a second, I even considered adding more time, but figured I better not push my luck!

I finished the workout with a 5 minute walk and some stretching. I cannot express how great I feel. I don't feel tired, fatigued, sore (although I'm sure that will come) or anything negative at all. I feel very proud and strong! Now I can't wait to get out there and do it again!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AIN'T HEARD NO BELL!!

Anonymous said...

I AIN'T HEARD NO BELL!!