Monday, March 03, 2008

A beautiful day

Of course, I'm referring to yesterday and our wonderful near 50 degree temps! I sat in my livingroom, seeing the sun peeking in through the windows all day and finally, about 4pm I kicked myself in the butt and said get out there are run! I am not allowed to use the weather as an excuse if I'm not taking advantage of the good days!

Being that I've run probably 3 whole times in the last 4 months, I decided to do run/walk intervals. It started with run 2, walk 3...cuz I didn't want to over do it and end up walking the whole thing. Once I got a few of those in and was warmed up, I switched to 2.5 run, 2.5 walk. This felt good. There were a few little inclines in there that I thought might kill me, but I doing it! I finished my 3 mile loop with 3 sets of run 3, walk 2. It took 37 minutes. I think that is an outstanding time! I was probably keeping a faster pace while running due to the walk intervals. I felt very tired when it was over, but great at the same time! Although, I had to dodge more than a few ice patches that we still hanging around and I felt like I tweeked my knee a little with my turns and leaps :S

After I was home and settled, it occured to me that I had to meet with the trainer this morning at 7:30am...what had I done?! I ran at 4pm on Sunday afternoon and had to endure 30 minutes of hell 15 hours later? This was not good! Lucky for me, she went a little easy on my this morning. And by easy, I mean I still was absolutely exhausted by the end, but comparing to some of the other workouts she has put me through, it could have been a lot worse! I have another appt with her on Thursday so at least I know I'll have gotten 3 workouts in this week. That is a great week for me these days!

At this point, I'm pretty positive I won't be able to get up out of my chair by the end of the day...but I needed this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BRAVO!!! That session sounded excellent!!!

I AIN'T HEARD NO BELL!!