Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm on a roll, baby!

Today wasn't as easy, but I got it done! I did my same 3 round circuit and then another 30 minutes of running that varied anywhere from 5.0 - 5.2 mph. The lifting went pretty well. Did pretty much the same as Saturday's workout. I struggled a little with the shoulder press...must have weak shoulders today! I also upped the weight on the leg press because I remembered that it felt kind of easy before. This may have been a bad idea because I noticed I struggled a little more on the run.

I started the run at 5.1 and quickly tried to move to 5.2...that didn't feel good. I noticed I was getting out of breath much quicker than my last run. I took it back to 5.0 for a bit until I was feeling good again and then back to 5.1. Near the end of the run, I went back to 5.2 and then into a cool down. There did come a point where I wanted to stop, but I didn't let myself. That was big for me. These are small victories, but I'll take them!

I really want to plan out my week ahead. But at the same time...when (if) I miss a run, I get all down on myself for messing up the plan. So, I suppose the answer to that is to not miss a run... :) I think maybe I'll do a little cross-training tomorrow and I'll plan my week out after that!

No comments: