Saturday, May 12, 2007

8 Miles!

Yeah, you heard me, I just ran 8 miles...or somewhere close to that!!! I'm shocked my damn self! I set out hoping I could do 5, try for 6 if the first 2.5 felt good. Surprisingly, the first 2.5 felt great so I decided to go the extra half mile before turning around to make it a 6 miles run. Well, I didn't realize the lakefront path that has mile markers goes under LSD at one point so I just kept running on the path closest to the lake. Running and running...wondering where that next mile marker sign is...running and running. I finally knew I had gone well beyond another half mile so I turned around. Running back, I saw that the first exit I passed was Fullerton! Fullerton!!!! I had no idea I was THAT far south! For those of you familiar with Chicago, I started up at Lawerance. And I ran farther south than Fullerton!

The whole run back was right into some serious wind. I think if it hadn't been so windy, I could have gone even further. But that wind was killing me!!! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the fact that this is such an accomplishment is because the last long run I did was 5 miles 3 weeks ago. And I've only run a maybe 4 times since, never anymore than 3 miles! I hope this wasn't just a fluke and I can catch up with the group schedule. And finish the 10 miles race I have in 2 weeks. This was just the kind of run I needed right now! Yeah!

No comments: