Thursday, May 31, 2007

Damn the Lightning!

So, my friend and I are signed up for the PUMA Pursuit run today at Fleet Feet. It's supposed to be just a fun little run where you compete w/ partners or alone. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but you run to checkpoints (I think everyone's route may be slightly different) and then you have to answer trivia questions or something. You earn tokens and if you get a particular number or matching tokens you win stuff at the end. Yeah, kinda dorky (we all know that is my middle name), but I figured it would be a fun way to spice up my running...

Yeah, well, Mother Nature seems to have another plan at the moment! A thunderstorm has just rolled in! Poo! I called Fleet Feet to see what the deal was...if it was rain or shine...and they don't know! They said to call when it gets closer to run time. Double poo! Of course, we all know that I will not be venturing out to run alone in a thunderstorm, so please, oh please, weather Gods, let this run happen! Plus, I want to win free shoes! :)

No comments: