Sunday, May 20, 2007

Oops...I did it again!

Well, okay, this time it wasn't an accident, but I ran almost 8 again. I say almost because I stopped at the water fountain at mile 7 and had a hard time starting back up. Walked to the 7.5 then ran to the 8. The part that was different this time was that I started out with 8 miles in mind...I wasn't sure how that would affect the mental aspect. The last 3 miles were definitely hard. It was sunny and when in direct sunlight, it was feeling quite warm. My face actually got sunburned out there! I better get some running tube tops or something before I end up with crazy tan lines :)

Next weekend I have the Soldier Field 10 Mile. I'm very nervous about that race. The distances I've run these past 2 weekends have been far from easy. And now I have to go 2 miles further?! I most definitely have to run the schedule this week and then I guess I just hope for the best! At least I'll get to see my sweaty red face flashed on the jumbotron as I cross the finish line...that is always the most embarrassing part of that race. Can't we start on the jumbotron when we are fresh and beautiful??? Why they gotta catch us when we are ready to collapse?! One week until the first benchmark in my training!!!

No comments: