Friday, June 01, 2007

Traffic Sucks

So much for the PUMA Pursuit yesterday! My friend left his house yesterday at 5:30 to pick me up in the Loop and get to Piper's Alley. We had an hour, didn't seem like this would be a problem. Traffic was so bad (I'm assuming it was due to the rain. Everyone always forgets how to drive when it rains) that he didn't even get into the Loop until about 6:10. Then, it took us about 20 minutes just to get across the river! We are talking 4 or 5 blocks! By the time we made it over to Piper's Alley and got parked, it was 5 minutes to 7pm! We tenatively walked into Fleet Feet on the slight chance we might still be able to do the run, but it was a no go! :( But I did get some new runner's socks! :) The light at the end of the tunnel! Haha... They are having 2 more PUMA Pursuits this summer so I already told my friend he is locked in for the next one! I WILL win some free shoes, dang it!

No comments: