Monday, June 25, 2007

Expected, but still Disappointing

So, after my two week break and only clocking 9 miles since, I still tried to run my scheduled 12 miler this weekend... Despite wanting to complete it with all my heart, my legs gave out first :( I forced myself to do ten, but I couldn't for the life of me push myself a step further! I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am that I didn't make it, even though it isn't that surprising with my injury break. But I wanted to think that I could at least mentally power myself through. That I could block out the fatigue. That I could ignore the aching foot. But alas, it was not to be.

My foot was in serious acheage all the rest of that day, but miraculously, it has been great ever since! Did it finally get that stretch it needed to calm down? I hope so!

I also volunteered at the Fleet Feet Hydration Station at North Ave on Sunday. At 6:45am. That was fun. It was cold (if you can believe it!) and balmy and no one was running. We were out there for an hour and a half before we closed up shop. It was really cool to interact with all the runners who did manage to stop by though. It is just crazy how they come in all shapes and sizes and ages, etc. Anyone can be a runner! I loved that! It was very motivational! Due to the early hour of the volunteering, I'll probably only do it here and there this summer, but it is definitely something I want to do again!

Wish me luck this week running in the high 80s, low 90s weather :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis - your committment and resiliency is something I need to emulate on my end with regards to my trainin. For you to push like that to the ten mile mark shows alot of heart and resolve. I am certainly proud of you. We're gonna have a great run on Sunday....