Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Progress?

After my injury hiatus and then that awful attempt at running on Saturday, I was very skeptical heading out last night. But guess what? It went great! I didn't start right exactly at a mile marker, but I know I clocked over 4 miles...a little more because I ran a short distance to the 2 mile marker and then turned around at the 4 miles marker and ran back to my starting point. The best part though, was that it was EASY! Seriously! It was a cake walk. Wasn't hot, wasn't out of breath, wasn't tired...just running the way a runner should! I really needed that to get my confidence back up that this break didn't knock me out of the game!

The downside though is that my foot is still hurting. It hurts right now :( I even wore the new shoes, but they didn't make much difference. I'm icing and physical therapying...might give the Doc a call to make sure that it is okay to keep running with the pain. I'm a warrior...I can do it!

No comments: