Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's gettin' hot in huurrrrr

So hot! Seriously! My first conclusion when I thought of running after work yesterday was No Way Jose! Then the little guilt monster started kicking in and I figured I might as well give it a try. Bad idea! The humidity was ridiculous...I was sweating like a mofo out there in just 5 minutes. And this wasn't that triumphant, glistening runner's sweat. No, this was just hot, nasty, I haven't even done anything to earn it, sweat! Augh! It was gross and mentally challenging. I ran about 20 minutes and decided I had enough of it! Plus, I was running on the streets and the cars and smells and curb jumps were getting to me...gotta stick to the lake. When I got about 3/4 of a mile from the house, I'd cooled off a little and gave it another to. Ran the rest of the way. So, not a complete failure! Although, I'm sure I looked gorgeous when I was done!

I'll do a run tomorrow morning, then a short one Friday and then down to 9 miles on Saturday. Then the Race to the Taste 5k Sunday morning. Is that too much? Should I be running 4 days in a row? :) Jon - you really want to do those 9 with me on Saturday???

No comments: