Monday, September 10, 2007

Compromise

Since I can't seem to convince myself to get 100% back into the game, I've struck up a compromise. I'm going to pretty much train to keep myself at my current level of endurance because the thought of suffering through another atrocious really long run just doesn't seem fathomable right now! Suffering through a moderately long run seems much more tolerable. I'm hoping that with the marathon day adrenaline and the fans out there cheering us on, I'll be able to somehow muster the willpower to go farther than I have on my own. And then I'll just split the rest of the distance between running and walking. It won't be pretty, but at least I'll cross the finish line!

Don't worry, I've already got my sights on next year. If I keep my base at what it is, I'll be able to go into the training a little later next year and hopefully not burn out like I have. Plus, I'll be able to focus more on speed and the fun stuff, rather than just suffering through trying to improve my distance. And I've learned a ton about myself and what works so I've got new strategies already planned for next year. Hopefully, I'll have a partner too and that will help tremendously! So, there you have it, folks. Not what I wanted it to be, but I'm gonna make it happen somehow :)

No comments: