Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Think Success!

I was talking about my intent for the marathon with a co-worker today and she asked me if I had run a 10k race this summer. My response was that not only did I run a 10k, I ran a 10 mile race, a half marathon and multiple other double digit distances on my own! That is when I realized that just because the marathon isn't turning out the way I expected, doesn't mean that I have not been successful this year!

Things have been WAY stressful at work and I think it has just thrown me into an all-around negative state of mind. And I don't want to be that way! I want to be proud of myself for what I accomplished instead of basing everything on what I didn't! So, no more! Marathon or not, I am proud of myself!

My leg is finally feeling some relief, although I suppose that could have something to do with the fact that I haven't been putting it to use much...but whatever! We all have our own versions of therapy, okay?!

I think my running will pick up again when the marathon passes and I have that big ol' gorilla off my back! Until then, positive thoughts...positive thoughts...positive thoughts...

1 comment:

The Clydesdale said...

Sis..I think you've had tremendous success this year..something I know I've uttered to you several times before. And I think that success will serve as the basis for your continued improvement and success as U train for more races and more marathons!!