Friday, September 14, 2007

On the move...

The compromise seems to be working...sort of. I've ran twice this week...yeah, I know, ONLY TWICE? But hey, twice is better than none, which is where I've been the last couple of weeks! I plan to run 5 miles tonight and do 10 on Sunday. The runs have been tough for how short the distance is, but I guess that is what happens when you fall off the wagon!

I didn't want to mention this before because I didn't want people to think I was making excuses for my lack of running besides the fact that I just didn't want to. BUT...I think I have once again pulled my IT Band! This little bugger is what stopped me from running the Portland Marathon years ago. I think it happened on my last long run a few weeks back. I didn't run much after that so I was kind of hoping the feeling wouldn't resurface. But after these past couple of runs...It's baaaaack!

It's not necessarily a pain feeling...more of just a "sensation" on the outside of my left leg while I run. There is a definitely point on the outside of my left knee that is feeling weird. It only bothers me when I run and when I walk up stairs. I figure I'll just ignore it until after the marathon and then figure out what to do! Unless it gets bad enough to the point that I'm in pain...that will not do!

I hope my run tonight goes well cuz after that I'm off for a night on the town. Been awhile since I went out and had a good time! Training is a killer on the social life!

2 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

Have you tried using a foam roller for your IT band? Mike has IT issues and that roller, as painful as it is...is SO HELPFUL.

Anonymous said...

I was just referred to your blog since I am running in Chicago this year too.

It's funny that the foam roller has already been mentioned. I have not had IT band issues but my friend has and she swears by it. She also does ice baths. They are not fun, but if you bring some hot chocolate with you and wear a sweatshirt to keep your upper body warm, it's tolerable. Best of luck in holding off a bigger problem.