Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It ain't lookin' good, folks!

I think I've been averaging less than 10 miles a week! Seriously, I do not know what happened! I just suddenly couldn't get myself to run if my life depended on it! I'm truly sad now, whereas before, I didn't really care. The reality of not running this marathon is setting in. And while I hate to say I won't be out there...the thought of suffering through HOURS to get to the finish line is scaring me to death. And of course, I hate to think that this training got the best of me! I hate losing! But is walking who knows how many miles after running who knows how many more really winning? This bites.

On the upside, I've already discussed next year with my potential training buddy and its looking good. I really think that will make a huge difference! I'm obviously not disciplined enough to do it on my own :) Most people seem to run with someone or a group and I guess I just wasn't cut out to make it on my own. Who knows. Maybe I'll just get out there and go as far as I can...and attempt to walk the rest. How long is the course open again? :p

1 comment:

The Clydesdale said...

Sis...remember hwat we talked about not too long ago yes? Well, follow that thought. This is not a life saving thing. And if you're not "feeling" it...then don't kill yourself behind it. I know I speak for all your supporters when I say the fact that U battled like you DID is a HUGE accomplishment..

Love you