Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ahhhh...the morning run

I hate getting up. This is no secret. No matter what time it is, waking up and getting out of bed is never fun for me. But, I do realize that there are going to be times this summer where training is going to require me to do this at an hour that is absolutely incomprehensible to me. Today was one of those days.

5:30am was when the alarm went off. I was a very, VERY good girl and only hit snooze one time. Then I got up, drank some protein shake and changed. Then I wasted some time cuz I didn't want to go out and run :) Finally, at about 6:15, I headed out. The weather was decent, cool and cloudy, an occasional raindrop.

It took me awhile to really get going. My body was obviously not awake yet. Miraculously, I managed to keep my 10 min/mile pace, but it felt much harder. I felt like I was really working for it. And I probably was! By the end of my 45 minutes, I was glad it was over! Good riddance to that run!

This worries me a little for the Soldier Field 10. I guess I'll just have to get up super-duper early and make sure my body is awake. I supposed if I take the red line down there, I'll have a bit of walking to do and get warmed up, versus driving and only walking from the parking garage to the start line. That is probably the best strategy at this point.

I can't decide if I should try to do all runs this week in the morning in an attempt to acclimate my body to it. Friday will have to be a morning run no matter what so I guess that really only leaves me to decide on tomorrow's run. Hmmm... :)

No comments: