Monday, May 26, 2008

Hot and Windy!

EW!! That is my reaction to today's run! I waited too long to get out there and the heat index was 82! And it was pretty humid after last night's thunderstorm. Then there was the wind. At first it was like, stop wind, you are making it hard to run! But then it would stop and the reality of how hot it was would take over. Then I'd be thinking, Wind, where are you, come back!

I tried to slow it down to compensate for the heat, but my body just seems to have a different idea! I ran all sub-ten minute miles. That is something that I really need to get a hold of because as Saturday proved, I cannot be doing that for my long runs. At least it is cooling back off tomorrow...but that was a little window into what I'll have to deal with this summer. Great. My favorite. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we all have bad runs due to the weather.

Anonymous said...

Warm weather? What's that like???? :) You're a rockstar!