Monday, May 19, 2008

Runnin' Nine & Feelin' Fine!

Okay, lamest blog post title ever! :)

Yesterday was my 9 mile long run and I finally felt confident going into a long run! All my runs last week went great, albeit they were short ones. But, this nine-miler was no exception! Here were my splits:

Mile 1: 10:15
Mile 2: 9:56
Mile 3: 10:10
Mile 4: 10:18
Mile 5: 9:59
Mile 6: 9:56
Mile 7: 9:59
Mile 8: 9:57
Mile 9: 9:46

I can't believe I ran 10 minute miles for my long run! That first mile I assume just needed me to get warmed up and then miles 3&4 were when I turned back north directly on the lake and had crazy head winds. And splits are so consistent! That is really great! I tried to speed up the last half mile in an attempt to finish in 1:30, but I didn't quite make it!

I felt really great the majority of the run. I did start to run out of steam somewhere between miles 7 & 8, but not to the point where I was struggling. Just to the point that I was ready to be done! I'm totally confident in how I'm going to perform in the Soldier Field 10 Mile on Saturday! In 2004 it took me 1:46 and some change, last year I was 1:51 and some change...this year I'd like to break 1:45. That is the only goal that I have for it! I also haven't been running in the morning at all, so that might play a role in the race. I guess we'll just have to see...

No comments: