Friday, May 23, 2008

Confession

So, I have a confession. Two actually.

Um...so, I was on my way to work this morning. And I'm coming up from the blue line. Up the escalator...halfway up the stairs...and it happened. My most dreaded moment ever. I've seen it happened to many people over the years. I tripped.

Lucky for me, it wasn't one of the really bad, totally bite the dust type falls I've seen many folks take down in the Loop wearing their nice business clothes. It was on the stairs so all it took was a knee hitting the next stair up and my fall was broken. But not before my coffee spilled all over my hand and on my favorite jeans! That was another good thing...at least it was casual Friday so I had my jeans and tennis shoes on. Otherwise, it may have been a whole lot worse!

I quickly recovered and was on my merry, yet slightly embarrassed way :)

So there it is. Yeah.

My other confession is that despite being so much more prepared and in better shape for my race tomorrow, I'm finding that I'm getting nervous. Ten miles is still going to be the farthest I've run so far this year. And now I have to do it with the Jumbotron at Soldier Field waiting for me at the end!

I know I can do this.

No comments: