Thursday, May 15, 2008

If every run could be like this!

I had another short one on the books tonight...just 35 minutes. And you know how sometimes you just don't feel like doing a run? That was me tonight. I was cold on my walk home and that last thing I felt like doing was going back out there. I finally decided I better get a move on before it was too dark to go and headed out. I was worried I might be a little tired after pushing myself last night, but it seemed to be going fine. Once I hit Lincoln Park, I feel a little uncomfortable running on those dark tree lined streets...and maybe that is why my pace picked up, yet I didn't feel like I was running any harder than usual. Here are my splits:

Mile 1: 10:06
Mile 2: 10:00
Mile 3: 9:56
Last 1/2 mile: 4:58

And it didn't feel hard or anything! I would love if all my runs could be at that pace and feel that easy! Finally, running is fun!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooooo glad you're enjoying this now!

Anonymous said...

Glad running is going well.