Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What a difference 40 seconds makes

When I got ready to run tonight I just had a lot of stress and energy to burn off...so I took off running for real! I only had to do 30 minutes tonight so I figured I'd just make it worthwhile. Here is what my Garmin came up with:

Week 7 Run 1

I do believe that first mile is a little bit off...uh, I was not off-roading as the map seems to think I was! Assuming that first one was more in the ball park of the other 2, I was running 9 1/2 minute or faster miles. That isn't that far off from 10 - 10 1/4 minutes miles I've been doing. Yet, I was totally huffing and puffing this whole run. I definitely felt it in my muscles and couldn't wait for those 30 minutes to come to an end. It was only about 40 seconds faster per mile...and only just over 3 miles...but it felt hard. And really great :)

Maybe I'll try to work in a run like this each week. Just push myself and then take it easy on the rest. I need to remind myself that I'm not bound by my previous results and I can do better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!