Sunday, May 25, 2008

My first PR!

Not only did I beat my target of 1:45 in the Soldier Field 10 Mile, but I beat 1:44!! My official time was 1:43:23! That is a whopping 8 minutes off of last year's time! And over 5 minutes off of my 2004 time! The crazy part is that I was still disappointed in my performance! Are we runners never happy?! :)

My miles got slower as the race progressed. I felt that I was really having to push myself mentally those last few miles. I don't know if it was because it was a morning race, that it was just a race in general or maybe that it was a bit hilly on the way back north, but this felt much more difficult that my nine-miler last weekend and that showed in my time. For the record, my Garmin clocked the course as 10.11 miles. In which case, I averaged a 10:15/mile pace. If it was truly just 10 miles, then my pace was a 10:23. I think mostly I'm just disappointed in my positive splits on the last 3 miles or so. That isn't really something I've seen in my long runs lately so it was a surprised.

046

At least I have a new PR and I know I'm on the road for good things to come!

On a different note, this gas price thing has really pissed me off and I swear I'm not driving anymore! So, this right after I finish this, I'm off to Target ON FOOT to do some shopping. Let me tell you, I have not run my errands on foot since I got my car! It is a beautiful day out (for the moment...storms are coming) and my muscles could use a little work to keep them from getting sore so I'm gonna go back to the days of old. Backpack on to carry stuff back...20 minute walk there, 20 minute walk back. This is how it is gonna be until they can figure out a way to stop killing us with the gas! I refuse to be a prisoner to their prices!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Sounds like a great race! And a PR that is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I am so very proud of YOU!!

Cheesehead Runner said...

Congrats on the PR!! AWESOME!!!