Saturday, May 10, 2008

That was a doozy

This was one bad running week! There was that first treadmill run. Then a 45 minute run on the lake yesterday that included head winds so strong that I totally wore myself out just fighting them. That lead to me starting today's 8-miler on very tired legs. I could already tell I was having a hard time from the jump and to top it off, I suddenly had to pee after less than a mile in! It is amazing how much a distraction like that can throw you off! I kept passing the bathrooms up because I was worried that if I stopped I wouldn't be able to start again due to what a struggle it was to be moving at all! On my way back, I knew that it was going to kill me if I didn't stop at the first one I saw. That was at about Mile 6 :) Amazingly enough, my last 2 miles were my best miles of the run, time-wise and comfort-wise. Next time I will not be so hard-headed!

I have to be up early tomorrow for the Y-ME Race to Empower and I'm supposed to be RUNNING the 5k. Right now, I'm not thinking that is going to happen! I think a nice little 1 mile walk will do me just fine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get up and fight this bum HARD (translation: run that race tomorrow. Run til you cant run no more...and then run more)!!!