Sunday, July 20, 2008

Half Success

Looking at my goals last week, I did good in every area except the one that is the most important right now...running! What is going on with me?

I completed Week 1 of the Hundred Push Ups Challenge and am ready to actually attempt Week 2! I'm pretty excited about that. The biggest change I've noticed (besides being able to do more!) is that I can usually manged to push a few extra out at the end of the set. Unlike the first time I tried them where I seemed to be doing fine on one and then straight couldn't even make it up on the next.

I'm about to do my Pilates here in a moment and that will make twice this week. Yay!

This week is forecasted to be much cooler than the previous few so hopefully, that will be just what I need. Plus, I've been helping my friend move, get situated, prepare for his daughter's birthday party and a bunch of stuff. That has taken time and energy and I let it get in the way of running. The party was yesterday and it was exhausting! He lives on the top floor of his three-flat and I don't know how many times I ran up and down those stairs! At first in tennis shoes (prep), then in heels (during the party), then back in tennis shoes (clean up)! My quads were a little sore this morning, believe it or not! At least it was some exercise!

So, I think I keep the same goals I had last week and try to repeat since it didn't go so back this week! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

proud of you for improving on your pushup challenge. Keep it up..

as for the running...I know how tuff it can be. jsut gotta try to fit the tiem in to get 'er done!

Wax the floor, daniel-san!!!

E said...

Nice job on the push ups!