Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HYC & Big Decision

I completed Week 2 of the Push Ups Challenge, but I know I'm not ready to move on. I can still only do 9 push ups in a row! How embarrassing is that?! Now, the question is do I redo Week 2 from the level I was at, or the level I am now? Hmmm...

I think I've made a big decision. I don't think I'm going to run the marathon this year. for many reason (some my own fault, some not) I'm gotten way off schedule with the running. With only 2 months left, I feel like I'd be in panic mode trying to catch up. That's not how I want the marathon to feel. I want it to be fun. Exciting. Happy. Right now, I feel like it would only be a burden.

I still want to run. And keep running. Then, when I'm ready to try again, I'll have a really good base to start from. I've also got a lot of other things I'm focusing on right now and without the pressure of all these runs I HAVE to do, I can work on those too. I just feel that this is the right decision for now. Come October, I hope I'll still feel okay with it!

4 comments:

E said...

The push up challenge is not easy so don't feel bad.

I think you made the right decision with the running. Running should be fun and if it's not, then it's not worth it.

Anonymous said...

This ties nicely into you quote U picked up. And I like it....

K @ Running Through Life said...

Good luck with your decision and what ever is best for YOU is the right decision. If you still want to run, what about a 10K or half marathon around the time of the Oct marathon? Just a thought!

Anonymous said...

Good decision. Running should always be enjoyable. By the way you are doing more push ups than I. So, you are not pathetic.