Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tired Morning!

Yesterday I got up at 5:30, ate some breakfast and was out the door for an easy 3+ miler by 6:15. I felt pretty good, the weather was fantastic and I rewarded myself at the end by cooling down with a walk to Starbucks :) Having a gift card that fits in your pocket and doesn't absorb sweat like paper bills do is great! The big shock came when I didn't have my usual afternoon "pooped out" moment that always happens when I do a morning run. I felt pretty energized all day!

I forgot to do my pushups yesterday and then meant to do them this morning...but, you know, I forgot that too! I also woke up again at 5:30 in hopes of a repeat performance. Instead, I somehow managed to fall back to sleep on the couch (yes, empty bowl of cereal next to me, Weather Channel on the TV) and didn't wake up until 8am! I'm not sure I've ever put myself together so quickly in my life! And even look pretty cute today, if I do say so myself! :)

I brought my running stuff to use the treadmill after work, but I'm already dreading it. Wasn't it just a few short months ago that I was dreading running outside because I was so used to the treadmill? What is going on? But that is the age old question, isn't it? To treadmill or not to treadmill?

Push ups will also have to be done tonight, but I'll admit that Jess's experience with the Challenge is freaking me out a little!

I went to GNC yesterday in hopes of finding my good ol' faithful protein shake, but they were out of stock. Boo! :( I'll try to make it to a different one after work. I'm hopign this protein boost will do the trick and help me shed a few pounds. My knees will be very happy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha, the 'treadmill dilemma' is definitely something every runner faces, Nicole.

When I'm feeling tired, I usually take a 6 Hour Power energy shot. Have you ever tried them? They provide long-lasting energy without the dreaded crash. Also, they have zero calories, are sugar free, and come in 5 different tasty flavors. I suggest checking them out: http://www.6hrpower.com/

By the way, I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by commenting on your blog. If you have any questions or would like more info feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I'd love to hear what you think of the energy shot!

Franklin Keane
Brand Ambassador
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com