Saturday, July 12, 2008

This Week's Goals

Since making secret little goals in my head seems to do nothing for me, here is what I'd like to accomplish this week:

  • Successfully repeat Week 1 of the Hundred Push Ups Challenge. Someone told me that real push ups are done with your fingers together versus spread out (which is how I was doing it) and let me tell you, something as small as finger position makes a HUGE difference! They feel a ton harder, so I'm giving in and repeating Week 1 before moving on!
  • Get in ALL my training runs. I will not avoid the treadmill if the temps make outdoor running a bad idea. I will try my best to wake up early and get it done in the morning. And most of all, I will do the runs on the days they are scheduled so I'm not cramming them all together in an attempt to make up for lost time!
  • I will cover the total mileage on my 15 miler tomorrow. Due to my lack of running recently, I highly doubt that I can do this distance running the whole way. BUT, I WILL get the mileage covered even if it means walking parts. No more just stopping and heading back when I run out of steam!
  • Here comes the broken record goal: I will do my pilates DVD!!! Dammit, I VOW to get this done twice this week! Eating all this protein doesn't do much good if I'm not workin' the muscles!

There! I think that is a pretty good list! Nothing too crazy. Everything should be very much accomplishable ( is that even a word??)...but, you know me! We'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to keep up with you blog. I've always been interested in training for a marathon.