Friday, October 05, 2007

Big sigh...

My lack of blogging is primarily due to fear. Fear of the marathon. Yes, kids, its finally here. Sunday to be exact.

At first I was scared because the most I've run any given week for the last 6 is twice. Yeah, burnout is a bitch. But, I figured I'd just go out on marathon day and have a good time. Run, jog, walk, skip, whatever. Enjoy the crowd and have fun, ya know? No big deal.

Well, there is a new fear brewing...the weather is forecasted to be 88 and sunny that day! What the hell? Did someone forget to tell them this is October? In Chicago? Yeah, we are talking we are about to break a record high. Seriously. Now, I'm thinking its not going to be fun no matter what. Being under trained and having heat stroke? That I may not be able to convince myself to suffer through?

So, now, I don't even know what to do. Great.

1 comment:

Iron Jayhawk said...

You know exactly what to do. Go out there in the morning. Line up. Put one foot in front of the other...and keep moving until you hit the finish line.

We're all in this together. We'll all be sweating our balls off in good company.

It'll be great. I promise. Not ideal temps...but hey, what can ya do? Absolutely nothing.

And remember, it's better to be undertrained than overtrained.