Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm nervous

Well...I'll be honest here...since, you know, honesty is good. I haven't run a single step since the marathon. I think I was a little mentally defeated. Everytime I think about lacing up, I just get this feeling of dread about how uncomfortable running will be...cuz, you know, the last time I ran was in awful, yucky conditions. I can't seem to shake the experience from my mind.

Yesterday, I took the first step and joined the gym that opened up in my office building...and that gave us an absolutely ridiculous rate! There was no excuse not to sign up! It's small and well, honestly, the potential that one of my co-workers may see me naked in the locker room scares the bejesus out of me! But, overall, its a great situation. I can lift weights during lunch and then get cardio in right after work. Which means I can get a full workout in without getting home at 9pm! This is very, very good!

I packed up all my workout gear this morning and then almost walked out the door without it :) That's how long its been since I went to a gym straight from work! But, I'm excited to get going again, this time with new goals in mind. And I'm nervous that its going to suck and I'm going to hate it. I guess only time will tell...

No comments: