Friday, October 26, 2007

Boo on me!

I altered my workout plan last night and it totally back-fired on me! Of course, I was planning to continue my easing on in to my workouts in the gym upstairs with a little 30 minutes on the elliptical and treadmill again. But then my friend called and wanted me to meet him over on Michigan Ave. He was having dinner with his family up north when he called so I figured that gave me plenty of time until I had to meet him.

So, I decided to skip the gym and I'd walk all the way to Michigan (I work in the Loop)...go even farther north than where I had to meet him so I could pick up a few things and then circle back around to him. Figured it be at least a solid 30 minutes of walking.

Well, I headed out and within just a few blocks, I got sidetracked by a performance in Daley Plaza. Strike 1. I suck! But it was really cool...they were jump roping and flipping and doing all kinds of fun stuff! So, I stood and watched for about 10 minutes then got back on track. I realized I was starving, but I didn't want to eat anything big before dinner. Once I was across the river, I saw a Starbucks and headed on in to get a little sumthin' sumthin' in my belly. Strike 2.

I decide to call my friend to see how far out he is so that I can figure out how far off-course I can venture before I have to turn back. Turns out he drove down to Michigan Ave in rush hour traffic can was already there! Who the hell would have guessed?! So, I quickly walked to meet him and that was it. Strike 3. He gave me a ride home so I didn't even get in my usual 3/4 mile walk from the train to my house! I swear I had good intentions when I decided to skip the gym! I really, really did! Now I just feel guilty... :)

No comments: