Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Post Marathon Weight Gain???

Okay, so I'm writing about this here in hopes that someone will raise their hand and say this is completely normal! Basically, since I cut back (and eventually completely stopped) my running about 6 to 8 weeks ago, I've been gaining weight at a pretty steady (and fairly scary) rate. Now, at first I thought it was probably due to the fact that I was still "carb loading", yet not "carb burning"...aka running :) Therefore, I wasn't alarmed in the least bit when I saw the needle on the scale move up a couple notches.

About 3 weeks ago, I finally came back to reality and started eating like a normal human being. Stopped eating lunch out every day. Cut back on all the pasta I'd been loving so much. Basically, got back to the way I was eating before I started all the training. Well, since then...I've managed to gain even more weight!!! Now I'm freaked out!

Please, someone tell me this is some normal whacked out reaction of my metabolism from not running anymore! Tell me that it will regulate soon and things will return to normal! Or do I seriously have some weird hormonal/chemical imbalance I should have checked out by the Doc? And before anyone throws it out there, No, I'm not pregnant :)

Seriously though, if anyone has experienced this or has any insight whatsoever, please let me know! Before my clothes stop fitting! :)

No comments: