Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Portland 2008

I admit it...I'm not quite over the fact that Pinkowsky couldn't acknowledge an iota of blame for the Chicago "Fun Run" debacle! So, I think I've figured out a way to turn my sour feelings around. I'm going to run the Portland Marathon in 2008 instead of the Chicago again. Portland is my hometown and I'd love to have all my family and friends on hand to cheer me on! The two races are only scheduled a week apart so I could still train with a Chicago group next summer without getting off track!

This idea has totally got me psyched to get my butt back in gear! Now, I just have to figure out how to keep it in gear over the winter...do I really have to have daily meetings with the dreadmill? I see no other way! At least the off-season will give me time to work on strength training and I'll be sure to cross train so I don't burn out on running like I did this summer. I want to start the next training season in 5 times a better place than I was this year! I hope I stay this excited when I have to hit the gym later... :)

No comments: