Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ewwww

The workout yesterday sucked! Why? Because it was hard and it shouldn't have been! Augh! I hate that! I'm easing myself back in so I already knew I was only planning on spending about 30 minutes in there. I started on the Elliptical...but it was the Precor type, with elevation control, not the regular elliptical machines you see more often now. It has been years since I did the eleveation type. And it kicked my butt! I did only 15 minutes and I was sweating and needing to seriously get off before I got completely discouraged! So, I moved to the treadmill...to run, you ask? Nope! I walked. I walked for 20 minutes and was out of there. I wasn't joking when I said I was easing in to this, huh?! But hey, I had dinner plans, okay?!

My ultimate goal for the weeks in the off-season would be something like this:
  • Run 3 times per week, twice during the week for 30 - 40 minutes, once on the weekend for a longer run of 5 - 8 miles. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage that through the winter months, but I'll have to get creative! Your suggestions would be gladly accepted!
  • On weekday running days, also do pilates DVD. Yes, I bought the Windsor Pilates a couple years ago and it kicks ass! At first you can't even make it though the 20 minute workout! Once I mastered that, I still could never make it all the way through the longer one!
  • Cross-train twice a week. Do anything I please (that isn't running) for at least 30 minutes. The biggest challenge I think will be making sure I'm doing different things...not just one activity over and over. But this has the potential to be fun!
  • On cross-train days, do a total body strength training circuit. I love lifting! If lifting burned fat the way that cardio does, I'd be 20lbs lighter! I'm going to have to make sure that I don't get carried away with this...just hit the major muscle groups twice a week. No need to gain lots of ground in the muscle department. I love watching the amount I can lift go higher and higher, but that isn't necessary right now...just have to concentrate on keeping my body strong and balanced.

That's the plan. Will it happen? Who knows! I'm going to gradually start working each piece in so that I don't burn out by next week! Right now, the focus is just getting used to doing physical activity again on a regular basis...since I've been pretty much the Queen Lazy-Ass for the past couple of months. I guess I thought I earned it or something from all that running...all I seemed to really have earned is about 6 pounds!

I'm excited...I need you all to hold me accountable though. Maybe I'll create some kind of log I can post weekly or something to show how its progressing. Hey...that is a mighty fine idea, Nicole!

No comments: