Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A New Kind of Running

So, it's over. Weird. All that time, money, planning, worrying...and just like that, it's over.

No more "scheduled" runs. No more distances I must get to. Freedom.

YES! Now I can just run to run. Run when I feel like it. For as long, far, short, fast, slow as I want. This is going to be great! Time to get back to the basics and remember why I wanted to do this whole marathon thing anyway. I'm actually excited for my first "freedom" run. And let me tell you, I don't get excited to run very often! I'm thinking I may wait for that nice cool, crisp, sunny Saturday coming up. And just run until I stop. It's going to be great.

2 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

'atta girl. Leave the watch and the ipod at home...just get back in synch with the sound of your feet hitting the pavement...

it sounds so beautiful.

ShoreTurtle said...

I'm looking forward to the same thing. An unscheduled run whenever I feel like it--and cooler temperatures!