Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ah, Sweet Revenge

Day 9

Workout:
Walk 1.5 miles
3x Run 5 min, Walk 5 min
Walk 1 mile
3 minute cool down

Walk Pace: 3.5 - 4.2 mph, 1% incline
Run Pace: 5.5 -5.7 mph, 1% incline

Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 63 minutes

I know, I know...you don't care about the workout details. But, it helps me, okay! I will stop posting it at some point down the road so just hang tight! :)

So, last night, I get to the gym and it is packed. And I mean, none of the 30 or so treadmills are open! I've NEVER in the 2 years I've been going there seen it like that. So, I patiently wait at the end of the rows of treadmills for someone to get off. I see another girl start looking for one and plop herself right in the middle of the row to wait...and yes, this is after she had already seen me patiently waiting on the side. I figured she would do the right thing if one came open and wait and see if I made a move for it and if I did, let me take it since I was there first. Well, she didn't! As soon as this guy got off she just darted for it! I couldn't believe it! And, I know that she knew what she had done cuz as soon as she got on, she looked over at me to see my reaction. Needless to say, I gave her the stare of death. I'm Italian...we are born with this ability :) About a minute later, the treadmill right next to her came open and I got on. About 2 minutes go by and I realize that she keeps playing with the buttons and finally stops and gets off. As the night goes on, everyone who got on that treadmill ended up getting off after a couple of minutes, so it must have been broken! HA!!! She got the broken treadmill and had to search for another, while I got one that worked just fine and had an uninterupted workout! That is what she gets for stealing a treadmill!

Okay, enough with the drama and on to the workout. It was good. Lowering my speed was crucial, but my ego is still trying to deal with the blow! I keep creeping the speed back up. Oh well, I'll learn my lesson soon enough! Still can't wait to just be running and building mileage. But I know I need to go through this work up stage right now. Boring :)

I'm leaving for LA on Thursday and that will be a huge test for me. I can't tell you how many times I've taken my workout clothes with me on vacation only to never touch them! The first test will be Thursday itself. I am not a morning person AT ALL, but if I want to get a workout in that day, it will have to be in the morning. The second test will be running in LA on Saturday. This means I'll have to take it easy Friday night. Not sure that is even possible :) I guess I always have Sunday as a back up if I can't pull it off on Saturday!

No comments: