Friday, March 16, 2007

I love my body!

Okay, well, not the looks of it...but I am totally amazed at how quickly it adapts to the challenges I've been giving it! Last night, it was back to the DREADmill, yes, I stole that word from someone else's running blog! Nothing sums up that stupid machine better :) Anyway, after two outdoor runs in a row, the treadmill was a breeze! I can only assume that it is due to the fact that running outside is so much harder with wind and ground resistance, hills, curb jumping, etc. I was just beaming when I got off last night! And to be honest, last night was the first night where I really didn't want to go to the gym and ALMOST let an excuse slip in! I mean, come one...the tournament is on, my laptop had just had all these new programs installed, I had to begin planning for my Y-ME race team...there were a lot of things I was ready to put before my run. But I didn't!!!

Although I'd done nearly a full run last time, I went back to the training schedule I was on and did the walk/run thing:

Walk 1 mile
Run 10 minutes
Walk 5 minutes
Run 5 minutes
Walk 5 minutes
Run 10 minues
Walk 5 minutes
5 minute cool down

I am sooooo looking forward to running outside! I think I am going to sign up with Chicago Fit. 1) because it is WAY cheaper than the other Chicago area training programs and 2) because I did Portland Fit way back before I moved here and I really loved the program. The first run is in 3 weeks so I'm determined to work on my speed until then. Can't decide if I'd rather be at the back of the moderate group or the front of the slow group...right now it could go either way!

Oh yeah!!! How could I forget! My heart monitor arrived yesterday. I ended up getting the Women's Polar F11 Blue Glow. I plan on doing the fit test tomorrow morning and then doing my first run with it! I'm so excited to see where I've been training at! Tonight will be filled with lots of training manual reading fun! Yeah! Don't be jealous...

No comments: