Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Excuses...not here!

So, yesterday was the first day I skipped a planned run...but I had a good reason! Not an excuse, a REASON!!! I got tickets to the Bulls game...I've been waiting for a chance to see Big Ben in action! There was no way I was going to turn those down! Something had to be sacrificed...and the run was it...I suppose those arena nachos weren't exactly necessary, but whatever!

In order to totally redeem myself, I was going to run today and tomorrow. Then it decided to rain here. All day. By 3pm, I already had it in my mind that a run was not happening. What happened to the treadmill, you say? Treadmills don't exist when you are looking for an excuse :) At 6pm, I got a ride home with a buddy of mine and I told him that I was skipping my run. What?! That was his answer. He told me that there were going to be lots of rainy days between now and the marathon and I couldn't let that be a reason not to run. And you know what? He was right! As soon as I got home, I went straight to my room and put on my gear. And I got out there and knocked out 3 miles. Stepped in a huge puddle about half way and turned one shoe brown, but you know, it was bound to happen at some point! Yay for me for getting my butt out there! And I'll do it again tomorrow!

On a little side note, while sometimes the slow pace the heart rate monitor sets me at can be terribly annoying, it is a relaxing pace. I'm not in agony...as I often am when I run :) I feel like I could run forever. I think this is a good thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you sis. You're building that "grittiness" you'll need when it's race time and your body and will power will square off for ultimate power.

Who you gonna let win?

Jon