Monday, March 19, 2007

The ol' ticker

Tonight was the first run with the heart rate monitor. I'm seeing that there are going to be a lot of let downs before I see improvements! In order to stay in my target heart rate zone, I could barely do more than a jog! I bet I could have gotten there with just a fast walk! It was embarrassing as other runners flew past me and my little heart rate alarm kept going off to warn me that I'm going too fast! Geez! What's a girl gotta do to run around here?!

But, I stayed in the suggested target zone...despite the embarrassment. I realize I just want it to pump, not explode! This will also be interesting to see the improvements though. So, that is what I have to look forward to at this point...getting to "normal". Now I realize that lazy does not mean out of shape and therefore, active does not mean in shape. Hope it doesn't take too long! And at the pace I was going today, I could probably run forever! :)

No comments: