Friday, March 09, 2007

Mission Accomplished!

I got out and ran! Not without plenty of procrasination though. First, I decided that I must go get something to eat. This makes sense. We got food and brought it home. Decided to have half my bagel and then I'd digest and go run. While I was "digesting", I got a call from a friend and talked for at least half an hour. When I got off, I decided that I needed the other half of the bagel and therefore, more digestion time! I finally ran out of excuses and headed out.

I basically alternated between walking and running in 10 minute increments for an hour. My biggest issue was making sure I didn't get lost out there! I started off down a main straight street, easy enough. Got to the point where Brentwood borders Santa Monica and decided to turn. This road started winding and I thought about turning back before I lost my sense of direction, but decided to stick it out! Went down a big hill and got concerned because what goes up, must come down...or in my case, the opposite. I live in Chicago...Hills? What are those? After lots of turns, I finally got to Sunset Blvd. I knew it was up that way somewhere from the last time I was here. Turned onto that and it began to have a gradual incline. No biggie...until I hit the mother of all hills!! I decided I could do it. Started up and about half way, I was suckin' wind like you would not believe! Time for a walk interval! :) Finally came to a street where I recognized the houses from when I was wandering around the neighborhood on a previous trip. I love architecture so I remembered these homes totally sticking out in my mind. Took that back down to the road I had started on and headed back.

Nice little jaunt. Don't know how far it was...I'm sure somewhere between 3 and 4 miles. Note of importance: Almost tripped on a tree trunk and bit it big time. Didn't realize how truly dangerous the streets of LA can be! And for the record, I got 3 kisses and 4 honks :) Love running on the street!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your GANGSTA!!!! Way to stick out that hill Sis. Glad U got a good run in.

Pain is temportary...quitting is forever!!

Jon